Thursday, June 25, 2009

Doughnut day

The idea for this blog came one day as I was working at the doughnut store, and talking to a co-worker about the many crazy things that happen there daily. At first I considered writing a book about these happenings, then decided it would be much easier to blog. For starters I'm gonna introduce you to all the people that I mainly work with, and names have been changed:

Manager Steve: His duties consist mainly of walking out of the office a few times a day, squinting at everyone, then walking back. He also mysteriously appears at the front counter when a pretty girl is in line.

Manger Beth: I don't know much about her, except that she's in her mid-twenties and LOVES Twilight.

James: He's one of the few hard-working, awesome co-workers

Mary: She makes the doughnuts, and normally screws a ton up before getting it right.


These are the main people I work with, anyone I've left out will be addressed when needed.


And then we have our regulars, people who come in every day, or very often. We (the employees) like to give them nicknames:

Makeup Lady: She always comes through the drive through, and order two decaf coffees with one doughnut of varying flavors. We call her Makeup Lady because she is obviously a heavy smoker and uses gobs of makeup on her face to cover up the effects.

The Dude: Perhaps the most mysterious of the regulars, he comes through the drive-through almost every day. His car is always miraculosly clean, but he has about six dollars in change on the passenger side seat. He used to be called "Shirtless Dude", as he would rarely wear a shirt. This was later shortened to "the Dude", a tribute to the movie, The Big Lebowski. He continuosly orders two glazed, one maple and a coffee. Sometimes he'll order it with eight sugars on the side, with cream or sometimes just cream and sometimes just black.

Hello Kitty: She drives a big old truck, and orders two coffees with cream and half a packet of equal each. Yes, HALF a packet of equal. I just add a full packet each, and I've got this plan where I'm gradually going to up her Equals, then switch to regular sugar, then "forget" to add sugar at all, and see what happens. She's nicknamed Hello Kitty cause she always pays with a Visa card that has Hello Kitty on it.

Kenneth: On the one-year aniversary of this doughnut store, which was back in May, the guy who owns all the stores handed out little cards that get you one free doughnut and coffee each day for a year. Kenneth has one of those cards. He's very cool-looking and always in a good mood. One time I saw him at a Wal-Mart and recognized him, and he recognized me too.

Carla: Although she moved away I felt the need to give her a tribute. She would come through the drive-through every day and order something along the lines of 5 glazed and a soda. Sometimes if she was feeling healthy, she'd only order 3 glazed with an orange juice


I think that's it for starters. I'll try to post some story after I come home from work on my workdays! I might post something later on today if I think of anything

Sincerely yours,

Doug H. Nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment