Monday, February 1, 2010

Let's get smart.

I wear a nametag that says Doug H. Nuts.

I'm obviously a female.

Why do I get asked, over and over, "Is Doug your real name?"

Let's get real here.

What is the possibility of my name ACTUALLY being Doug H. Nuts? Very low to start with. And the chance of a person by that name working in a doughnut store? Even lower. Honestly people, just think about it a little.

One thing I'm confused about is the amount of people who cannot hear and speak that come through the drive-through. If you're deaf, you can get out of the car and come inside, where we can see you point at the doughnuts you want and be happy to assist you. If you are sick and cannot speak, do not come through the drive-through, pull straight through the ordering place then write what you want on a pad and show it to us at the window. Come. In. Side. It burns calories, which will be useful cause we all know you're about that eat that dozen glazed you claim to be taking home to your family.

Yesterday a lady came through the drive-through and placed and order that sounded something like this:

"Can I have two of every one on the bottom row of your menu?"

What the hell? Why do you think I know what our menu looks like? I have no frickin clue what it looks like, I doubt I've ever even actually driven through it. And the next morning she comes through again, orders and pulls up, all good. After I've handed her the doughnuts she hands them back to me and gestures to them saying:

Customer- "Oh I'm sorry, we wanted four of the chocolate iced sour cream"

Me- "Uh...we don't have chocolate iced sour cream..."

Customer- "Well then, what was the doughnut in the bottom left-hand corner on your menu?"

Really, lady? Yes, really.

1 comment: